From its early beginnings 15 years ago, the renamed Westman Multicultural Festival continues the tradition of the earlier Lieutenant Governor’s Winter Festival and Brandon Winter Festival.
We are pleased to present this permanent website along with social media on Instagram, Facebook and twitter with the handle @wmmfest or wmmfest.
A huge event like this takes time to organize, with many different players involved; we are posting information as it becomes available.
Look for online and print advertising, along with news, TV and radio information in the coming days and weeks. This will lead up to the Festival starting Thursday, February 1st and running until the late evening of Saturday, February 3rd.
There are nine exciting Pavilions including; England, Honduras, Ireland, Philippines, Scotland and Ukraine plus new additions India and Mexico and a return of a favourite The Métis Pavilion. A map of the Pavilions can be found here. Information on each pavilion is available on the website and on social media.
We hope everyone comes out and enjoys the Westman Multicultural Festival again this year! It is going to be a great event to break-up this frosty season and unite us as a community.
GO TO THE PAVILIONS!
JAN 31 – FEB 2, 2019
Celebrating our 16th Year
- The pavilions are all FREE entrance.
- There is limited capacity in each pavilion according to the Provincial regulations.
- Each pavilion serves traditional food and drink and most have traditional and domestic alcoholic drinks available at various prices.
- The pavilions have shows, dance and live music almost every hour.
- Free Bus Route Map 8.5″ x 11″ [PDF]
- Printable Information sheet (locations, times, bus times, etc) 11″ x 8.5″ [PDF]
- Dress for the weather
- Bring your ID for alcohol service
- Be prepared to wait in line at peak hours
- No free bus service for 2017 – it’s only $1.35 to ride
- Bring your appetite – there is lots of great food
Post your pictures with #wmmfest2018 or #gotothepavilions hashtag on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Bring CASH as the pavilions don’t take interac or credit cards.
ALL PAVILION BUSES ARE FREE
All times are estimates
3550 Victoria Ave
STOP: Victoria Inn – South side
In front of Grand salon doors
TIMES: +5 minutes after hour
1005 Assiniboine Avenue
STOP: Assiniboine Ave (South side)
front of hall (no parking zone)
TIMES: +40 minutes after hour
1313 Stickney Avenue
STOP: Sokal Manor stop
Stickney (North side)
TIMES: +50 minutes after hour
3130 Victoria Avenue
STOP: on Victoria Ave (South side)
in Front of main doors.
TIMES: +10 minutes after hour
Western Manitoba Centennial Auditorium
205 – 20th Street
STOP: Princess Ave & 20th Street
North side of Princess
TIMES: +55 minutes after hour
403 – 13th Street
STOP: 13th St. (East side)
front of Church loading zone
TIMES: +30 minutes after hour
1110 McTavish Avenue East
STOP: McTavish Ave East
North side of the building
TIMES: +20 minutes after hour
3550 Victoria Ave
STOP: on McTavish Avenue
East of Beer Vendor
TIMES: +0 ON the hour
1133 Stickney Avenue
STOP: Stickney Ave (North side)
towards 11th Street North
TIMES: +45 minutes after hour
The festival takes a huge effort from many volunteers. If you would like to volunteer, please fill in the form and someone will contact you as soon as they can.
Please indicate the dates and time you are available.